In most aspects, women are not as celebrated as they should be. Women are often undermined for being tough and sturdy. When women take up a badass outlook on their life and condition themselves to look powerful in dressing and fitting within our society, people look down. Whether it a housewife or a strong military woman, you cannot feel any more tired of proving your worth to society. However, women are not entitled to people’s opinions.
The military is one of the many aspects where women have to prove their worth, if not more, equally to women in regular life. About 53% of women have enrolled themselves in military from 2014 to 2019 and most of them have faced adversities in their field of work. There are many gender biased difficulties that women go through in the military. Apart from proving they are well equipped to be at par with men when comes to muscle strength and memory, women in the military also have a tough time facing violence and pay scale discriminations within the apostle structure of the government.
There is also a magnitude of problems on the grounds of personal struggles that women in military establishments go through. We cannot forget that women in military are someone’s daughter, mother, and wives. They, like men in these establishments, leave behind their families, kids, and husbands and devote themselves into the world of war. This is why a little pampering or styling is no harm for the women in military. It helps them keep up with the lady that is within themselves. Military women deserve more self-care than regular or ordinary women, no doubt. They are not only managing their families from afar but also protecting their countries.
How to modify your uniform without violating the Dress code:
Dressing up does not eliminate the personality, struggles and core values of a person. However, it can be fun. Many military women secretly wish to dress up or put makeup on because they simply want to embrace the lady in them. Extreme training sessions and keeping their head straight in a war field can be exhausting. Moreover, dressing up in a pencil skirt can never take away a woman’s badass from her. Who she is, will forever be who she is in whatever circumstances.
Here are tips on how to stay like a lady even when you look badass in your uniform:
- Lose that tie: Most military women have a strict regime of things that they have to complete in a day. Even when she is not deployed or at bay working on securing and protecting the Line of Control, she has to be on duty even if it means the daily hustling, exercising, training or running daily chores. This why women in the military are supposed to tie their hair up in a bun under the cap. This is a more convenient style to get work done without your hair falling off on your face which can be disturbing.
However, there are times when women in the military are sitting free or catching up with their military friends. To stand out from the rest, you could let your hair down for that bit of the time. It is not only a small fashion mantra you can practice but untying the knot or bun on your head would allow more oxygen to pass through your head. It is also a little sexy and stylish way to go about your day when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror after a long day at training.
- Roll up your sleeves:Another way of having a little breaking of rule and having fun in the normal code of dressing would be to roll up your sleeves. It is one of the happening styles that are trending in 2019 and will probably never go out of fashion. The uniform in the military is always a badass statement to your personality, if you want to make it into a style statement that would help you to look and act a bit different from your peers, it is one of the coolest options that you can put to force.
It is ensuring as it does not violate the code of conduct in the military and yet allows you to be the lady that you are. You can unbutton the shirt on your arms and flip the cuff. Keep flipping the cuff until it comes to the level slightly below your shoulders. Compare the cloth on both the hands and you are good to go.
- T-shirt dress:Even though the code of conduct in the military is very strict and hard to bend, military camps do have their own parties. The dress code ties the personnel of the military camp to come to these parties in the same camouflaged army print shirts and pants. To make things more interesting for you and your peers, you can surely use some fun ideas to convert your boring uniform into a t-shirt dress.
It should be kept in mind that one should use the same army print with the camouflaged green while having a dress. If you do not abide by the dress code, you might be penalized. The perk of having an army print dress is it still makes you part of the peers and goes by the uniform but gives you a tinge of the ladylike fantasy that you hoped for, just for the evening.
- Pair it up with the jeans:Another way to style your basic uniform would be to use jeans as the lower bottoms instead of the cargo pants. Whether it be a short pant or a full-length pant, use jeans as the material of choice. If it is too risky then you can surely ask for permission from your supervisor before taking the leap of faith. Jeans look ravishingly sexy underneath the cargo printed duty shirt and will surely make head’s turn. Apart from looking dashing women in military can also connect with the lady inside them that they sacrificed in order to join the military and protect the country. Moreover, jeans is a decent piece of clothing and do not look unmodest on any shape or size of the body.
- Use accessories:One of the best ways to abstain from violating a dress code would be to use accessories. This might seem complicated but it is one of the easiest and simplest ways to add spark to your boring attire. Even though it is understandable that women in the military have a hard time with accessories as they can come in the way of training but a cheat day or on a day of leisure there is no harm in reconnecting with the lady inside of you.
Women can use hair clips, a fancy scarf or a handbag to carry things and style themselves at the same time. One of the benefits of this style would be that women in the military would not have to give up on their uniforms but shall merely make them interesting. Most women in these established military camps use scarves and handkerchiefs that are army printed. However, a change from the monotone to a pattern muffler or a scarf might not hurt anyone. It would protect you on a cold winter day from the harsh winds and yet make you look funky and funny.
In lieu of the difficulties that women face, military women like most regular women give up on their personal likes and dislike to combat with the men at war. It is notable that women in the military love make-up and dressing up just like any woman in regular life. The first commitment to military establishments and its rules ask women to give up on their personal attires and take up a uniform to bear with the entire service years. It should be well understood that women in the military are engaged in service for years. Away from loved ones and facing the outrageous war outside their chambers they have little time to pamper themselves or take care of their needs. However, most women suffering from the psychological aftermath of warlike post-traumatic stress disorder and so on are brought into psychiatric chambers where they are asked to keep themselves grounded. The first remedy to deal with such a scenario or situation in hand is to have them reconnect with who they are as a person and not a war veteran. Yet, under no circumstances can they connect with their personal selves after giving so much of their selves to their country and the strict military rules they are bound to follow. This is where a little fashion and manicure might actually help them be at ease. Even though it is an ambiguous gesture it would not surely fix all the deep trauma but it is a small start to betterment.