It is said that it’s not easy to meet the true love in your life. True love comes to you only when the right time comes until then you have to wait. And not everybody is lucky to have somebody in their lives who can love them in every situation. Love is one of the best experiences of one’s life which makes the person feel good about them. True love is unconditional and has no boundaries.
But have you ever thought how difficult it would have been for that couple who are deployed in war zones? How they face the challenges and the difficulties of their relationships. Love prospers in free environment, where there are no limitations and restrictions of time. But the case is so very different for those who live in deployed zones. Their love life is so different from the normal couples who live with their partners normally.
In a deployed war zones it is more likely to have no relationships budding and surviving but there are some exceptions. But the difficult part comes when it comes to maintaining the bond of relationship in such conditions. Falling in love is comparatively easier even in such conditions but it is very difficult to uphold that love and relationship in war zones.
This article is about the challenges and difficulties that a person faces in a deployed state. It sheds light upon what exactly is a deployed condition means and how one can tackle it possibly.
What does deployment actually mean?
The word deployment is often used in the military that means sending troops to onto duties. It refers to appointing people to serve in different locations, especially the military personnel and soldiers.
A deployment can include types of equipment as well as soldiers and generals. It might be a part of a peaceful mission or even war.
Sometimes this word, deployment is even used by the non-military organizations. They may talk of deployment in terms of workers being deployed to new office or workplace. But one thing is common in them, that is, people are sent to a place for a specific purpose or mission.
What does military deployment mean?
The military deployment is a term that is used for the movement of armed forces with their logistical supporting infrastructure around the globe.
The Military of the United States defines deployment as:
- In naval usage, the change from a cruising approach or contact disposition to a disposition for battle.
- The movement of forces within operational areas.
- The outer positioning of forces into a formation for battle.
- The relocation of forces and material to desired operational areas.
The deployment covers all the activities starting from the home station of origin to the final destination of the deployment. It consists of both men and women who have to leave their homes and family members and go to other countries for work.
Such deployment can be of both longer and shorter periods. It can be for a smaller duration of 90 days to a longer duration of 15 months. The members of the Army in the United States are given combat patch to wear on their dress uniforms all the times.
The Navy of United States gives recognition to those, who complete their deployments with a special kind of decoration that is called as the Sea Services Deployment Ribbon.
Problems that one faces in dating someone in deployed/ war zones
There are many problems that a couple can face in dating someone in deployed war zones. Some of them are being discussed here.
- Lack of communication is one of the major issues that come in any relationship when the couple is in deployed war zones. It puts a lot of pressure in their relationship. Most of the times the soldiers are given limited amount of freedom and isolated time for themselves. So they could not actually get time to spend with their partners even on phones. Moreover phones are not even allowed during strict pieces of training.
- Due to more pressure of work it becomes difficult for any soldiers to focus on any other thing or relationship. At the time of work, relationships are kind of ignored. They are not given much importance. This may create a rift between the couple. They may misunderstand each other. Both the partners may have this illusion that the other person is being ignorant. This is difficult at times to handle due to the lack of conversation and time.
- Lack of time is another issue that the couple faces in the deployed situation. Due to limited time, the partners could hardly spend time together. This creates a kind of irritation between the couple.
- Due to lack of time and less communication, a kind of disconnection is formed between the couple. Since they do not spend time together they start to have a feeling of isolation from each other and feel disconnected from each other.
- In the deployed war zones there are strict training rules and regulation. There is tight discipline also. So after having an exerted day the soldiers would like to rest. So even if they want to meet their partners they cannot do that because of overexertion and tight schedules, as they have to return to the same busy routine the next day also.
- In the deployed war zones the training schedules of males and females may vary. So if one tries to spend some time in between the training during the small intervals, then it is kind of impossible due to varied routine.
- Soldiers are asked to switch off their phones and are not allowed to use any gadgets for days during intense training or work so they can’t even drop a text to each other.
How the problems of dating someone in deployed /war zones can be reduced?
It is very problematic and difficult to sustain any dating relationship in such war zones where there are so much of problems but there are certain things that you can do in order to have a good relationship in bad conditions.
In order to have a less problematic relationship in deployed war zones the partners need to have the following mentioned feelings for each other:
- Emotional bonding and support in a true sense
- Courage, etc.
Expression of love is always important as it makes the other person realize their importance in your life. So it is needed to express your love from time to time to make your partner feel good and important. This can be done in several ways in a limited time. Some of the tips are given below:
- In restricted time also if you get to have a glance at your partner and give a smile, then that makes him/her feel important and gives happiness. It’s like a small gesture that can always help you in making your partner feel good.
- Always try to take out even a small amount of time during some kind of interval for your partner and express your love and emotions to them. Because it is important to meet your partner time and again in order to make them feel important, it is okay even if the duration of the meeting is small.
- Always be supportive of your partner. This gives them courage to fight difficult situations in such war zones. In places like deployed war zones, it is important to feel supported and loved, as it gives them strength.
How can you save some time for your partner during the deployment period?
It is very difficult to save time during deployment. But it is not impossible to do so. Spending even a little amount of time can make your partner feel cared and loved. The small amount of attention that you give to your partners is enough for them at tough times. Here are some of the ways discussed below that can tell you the ways by which you can save some time from your tough schedule for your partners and make them feel special.
- Try to spend some time with your partner in the break hour or during the mealtime. In this way, you can have your meals together and spend some time also.
- You should fix a time period for your conversations. Every day you have some spare time from which you can fix a proper time when your partner is also free and then you both can have some conversations. This will reduce the gap between the couple and bring them together.
There could be some other ways also that can help you to spend some time with your partners. These were some of the easy steps that could be taken by anybody.
In the time of deployment it is tough to uphold any relationship. But this can be done when you have true determination to stay with your partners.